Friday 24 January 2014

W2Beauty


Concept: To re-brand the Korean online cosmetics store, W2Beauty
Medium: Adobe Illustrator/ Adobe Photoshop
I chose these two mediums because they allowed me to easily trace over pictures and to crop out the cosmetics.
Issues/Problems: My first problem was making the poster. Since I had a lot of traced images as the background, whenever I quit the program and go back into it. I kept getting notices where they couldn't find the image and asked me to replace, cancel, or ignore. I would've been okay if it were one or two images but it ended up being all of them.
Since I wanted to work on the project at home where it is more quiet and there are less distractions, I wanted to download Adobe Illustrator. My friend put an illegal version on my tablet and it worked for a while until when I tried to save something and it closed and said there was a system error. Then I downloaded the trial version. I managed to get the poster (almost) done before the trial did the same thing. When I tried to uninstall it, my tablet wouldnt allow it so I wasn't able to try to download the trial version again. Since Illustrator was unavailable, I tried out Photoshop for the first time and managed to get some of the things done.
I originally had a lot of other things like apparel, freebies, website, app, etc but since I had technical errors. I wouldn't be able to get those done in time.
Procedure: First I searched online for the cosmetics logos and tried to find as much info about W2Beauty then traced all of them and saved it onto my desktop and USB. Then I searched up products to crop them in Photoshop. I then created a background to use.
Opinion: I am quite satisfied with my final piece since I tried out Photoshop and I like my theme and the way I united everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment