Wednesday 1 January 2014

Weekly Blog Post #10

Artistic Inspiration: Chonlada Benpard

Similar to Lotten R, Chonlada is also another inspiration to me when it comes to realistic art. While I admired Lotten mostly for her computer drawings, I admire Chonlada for her realistic drawings done with graphite pencils and pencil crayons.

I don't remember what I had put in the Google search engine but it involved EXO cause I came across one of her drawings that she had done of Luhan. That drawing made me stop scrolling down and click onto her DeviantArt link and when I did that, I got sad instantly. I just began to do realistic profile drawings last year and I thought they were really good until that moment. Her drawings made me think that mine look like a children's drawing compared to hers.

Going through the drawings she posted on her DeviantArt account, I noticed that she uses a different technique than I do. When I drawings of people, I always use something to smudge the pencil lines, either my finger or a stomp, but Chonlada doesn't seem to use the smudge technique. Instead she uses lines to do shadows. She follows the lines in the facial features to make hers look more like the person. If you look closely, you can see that she also uses the cross-hatching technique for the darker areas like the neck area and clothing.

I first found out about the line technique while I was at an art college for the open house. The teacher said that in the first year at that college for animation, its all drawing and that hey will be going over all the basics and techniques. But I plan to teach myself and practice before I get in that school.

I love that she draws K-pop idols especially the SM Entertainment artists...EXO...

DeviantArt: http://denitsed.deviantart.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DENITSED (This link makes me sad as hell, you don't even know...)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment