Sunday 17 November 2013

Amazing Inside Poster & Flyer



For the Amazing Inside poster, I wanted to make the blue square with the circle the focal point since LCI has that in the front of the school and logo. Since our moto is "Amazing Inside", I wanted to have the unique courses that our school offers coming out of the circle. I wanted my poster to show the viewers that LCI is a school of excellence.

Everything is done in simple geometic shapes since I didn't have time to add value into the objects on photoshop. I made the background a black gradient because I wanted the other things to pop out. After looking at the final product, I think my poster would have been better balanced if I lowered the blue square/circle a bit and making "LCI's Open House" look interesting than leaving it plain.

The symbols I used in my poster was a car to represent Auto, the girl getting dolled up to represent Cosmetology, the power drill to represent WoodLINKS, the computer to represent CyberARTS Tech, and the paint brush and pallet to represent CyberARTS Visual. 

I am definitely not satisfied with the final product. I still wish that our teacher didn't make this mandatory for the year fours since we had a lot to do for the visual identity assignment. The week I made this was stressful ( ̄^ ̄)ゞThe ONLY thing I am kind of satisfied of is the car. That took me a while to make. 

If I had more time, I would've made my own background (still using different values of black), I would've added other subjects that LCI offers to add more colour and make the poster look interesting, and I would've made the font complex than very simple. 

Ugh I'm still mad about the font in the computer. I wanted to make the font the same orange that's in the logo so I copied the colour's code and pasted it but when I clicked apply (or something like that), it turned to grey and not orange! I kept trying and trying but it gave me the same results. I was so confused because it worked for some of the other words (*`へ´*) I asked Roxana for help and she also had the same problem and thinks it may be a glitch in Illustrator.

When it came time for the flyer, I wanted the images I made in the poster to be in there too so when I made it smaller, the image became messed up! I was like "WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!" and started thinking that I have to create the images AGAIN until Roxi came to the rescue again and showed me how to change the size without it becoming messed up in the end. I had to flatten the transparency and group the image. This allowed me to finish my flyers more quicker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment