Sunday 3 November 2013

Weekly Blog Post #4

Artistic Inspiration: Hayao Miyazaki (駿宮崎)


My favourite director is Hayao Miyazaki (駿宮崎) who is best known for his film, Spirited Away. It is an animated surreal movie about a young girl who is forced to survive in a spirit world and works in a bathhouse after her parents get turned into pigs by the witch who owns it.

The first time I watched it was in middle school. We were watching it during class and I was so mesmerized, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. But class ended before the movie did so I made my parents take me to Future Shop to go buy it. After that, I started watching his other films and got inspired to become an animator and create movies like his.

Here is the link to the trailer for Spirited Away: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=spirited+away&source=web&cd=20&ved=0CLwBELcCMBM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6az9wGfeSgM&ei=gwt3Uub-IYeQ2gWC7ICoBA&usg=AFQjCNFPVQaW5sjNnZTyyT6rawEZtEMcog&sig2=jPYZmJ4ELWL9Kde_eQsm6g&bvm=bv.55819444,d.b2I

No comments:

Post a Comment